You have looked at homes and have decided you have one you want to own, now what?
1. Make sure the Realtor you are working with is familiar with the area and knows how to compare the sales of other homes. If you are using my services, my past experience includes being a real estate appraiser in the Boise Metro area, where I performed over 1,200 appraisal assignments which allowed me to learn the area well as well as how to determine the value of the house.
2. Have your Realtor provide you with a history of the house you are considering. If there have been recent sales or attempts to sell, this should all be disclosed to the buyer.
3. Discuss the property tax situation. If it is owner-occupied and the current owner has filed the homeowner's exemption then your future property taxes will be lower. If the house is vacant or has been tenant-occupied the property taxes will reflect a higher amount and it will take until the end of the second year to have the taxes be adjusted to the homeowner-occupied rate.
4. Discuss what you want to be included in the offer. Discuss what appliances are included. Discuss what improvements you want to be done, like repairs to the fencing, or interior or exterior items that are a concern to you.
5. Remember that in any market other than a buyer's market (one where there is a large supply of housing and hardly any buyers) you usually have to choose between price and terms, but not both. What that means is if you need the seller do repairs or contribute to your closing costs, you need to pay them full-price or maybe slightly higher.
6. The offer is written and we have asked the seller when they need to discuss and reply to us, so we give them enough time to reply.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to call Tim Burroughs, eXp Realty Idaho, 208-409-7653
Author:Tim Burroughs Phone: 208-409-7653 Dated: October 3rd 2017 Views: 85 About Tim: Tim has been a Realtor here since March 1, 1995. He was a real estate appraiser for three and one-h...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
"Working with eXp Realty was a pleasure. When we started, we had no idea what we wanted, but our buyer agent helps us figure out the pros and cons of all our options. Our agent went the extra mile willing to put in the extra effort to answer our questions, to make sure we were happy with our decisions, and educated about the market and local area.